Monday, October 26, 2009

Sweet October

Sorry for the lack of blogging these days, this whole back to work thing has really been cramping my style. We have had a hectic October, but despite the busyness it's been a great month. In honor of Halloween I thought I would make this blog about all of the "sweet" things that have happened in October.

Sweet Gigantic Molly

Molly has had a busy month with the start of puppy classes every Tuesday evening. The first day we had to stay after to discuss Molly's interrupting (barking) during class. The teacher said she thinks Molly was just getting bored so we are working with her to "exercise her mind as much as her body" (we know we are ridiculous by the way). All of the classes since have gone great and a lot of times Molly is used to demonstrate a new command. We are pretty sure it's because she'll do ANYTHING for a TREAT. Molly also went to Michigan with me for a weekend and got to meet lots of new people and her "Aunt Val" my parent's dog. Val and Molly were fast friends and we are pretty sure Molly was not pleased when she got home and was an only child again. During this trip we discovered that Molly gets a little carsick...this was not a sweet discovery. Oh, and Molly is huge, she's up to 35 pounds now!

Sweet baby Simone

D.B. had to go to Minneapolis for a conference for a weekend, so Molly and I packed up and headed east. While staying at my parent's I got to spend an entire day with Megan, see a few others and get lots of Simone time in. For those who don't know, Simone is my brother's little girl. She is growing so fast that it's a treat now that we can see her more often, and she LOVES her Aunt Hillary. Side note, Simone also gets carsick.Sweet Salted Caramels

My birthday is this month and Sara, my closest friend from Seattle, sent me a little box of heaven as a gift. Fran's Chocolate is a local Seattle treat that I have been missing a lot since the move. This winter is going to be a rough one without Fran's drinking chocolate. Anyway, the salted caramels are amazing and I have Sara to thank for a very sweet birthday. Check out Fran's at www.franschocolates.com and don't delay in ordering.My Sweet Husband

I'm not sure if there is any one thing to mention in the D.B. category other than he is always really sweet, more so than I am. He's an amazing husband who I am blessed every day to have. He has been a real trooper listening to me talk about my new job and not complaining about all of the things I am buying for the house. He even offered to let me start a cupcake bakery instead of working. I may take him up on this later, but we'll give the PICU a shot for the time being. It's actually going pretty well.This upcoming weekend we are taking off to explore the great state of Wisconsin and finish out October as sweet as it started.

7 comments:

  1. no comment, that's totally rude! Why not?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a "sweet" post. How nice!

    Glad to see that you're having a nice month.

    Happy Birthday, by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me get this straight, he baked you a cake and you didn't put that down in your sweetness blog? D.B. is actually the best husband ever because he baked a cake for you. He didn't go to the grocery store and buy a cake. No, he baked it like a bakers' man. See even the thought of baking a cake is something that had actually never crossed my mind prior to finding out about this cake baking episode with D.B. Seriously, who bakes a cake for their wife? Its unheard of. It just doesn't happen. You get your wife a card and give it to her on your way out to hang with the guys. Thats how normal husbands celebrate their wife's birthday. Strong work D.B. Man's game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Hillary! By the way, that last comment sounded a lot like my very un-romantic second son...mmmmm...could it be so? I think so!! DB...you are now my favorite.
    And now I have to add a picture of the very best puppy in her puppy class, along with a picture of Roxie with her pint-size Kermit to go with my pint-sized little girl!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yippeee!! I am so glad you liked your gift!! If it is good enough for the president who are we to argue?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lance~I'll be sure to tell Amity about DB's cake making skills!

    Sara~ D.B. and I are both amazed by how good the president's taste in chocolate is...who knew?!?

    ReplyDelete