Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fall Fun

Having not lived in the midwest for a few years, I forgot how beautiful it was in the Autumn when all of the leaves change color. As much as it is a pain to rake, I think it is worth it in order to get the full fall experience. Maybe I feel this way because I don't do any of the raking...hmmm.As far as the raking goes, we were lucky enough to have my parents out for the weekend, and with them they brought a leaf blower!!! This would not be that exciting except for the fact that between D.B., my dad, a leaf blower, and a rack they were able to get our entire yard clean within a few hours. This would have taken D.B. (and more than likely me too) days to complete.These pictures do not even begin to show how many leaves and branches were on our front curb! While the boys were busy doing yard work my mom and I were able to paint our entire family room, paint the kitchenette table, and do some serious shopping for the house. It's a good thing my parents don't live any closer otherwise we might be broke, but the house would look amazing! I will be posting pictures of the family room, dining room, and the master bedroom soon...hopefully. I should also mention that Molly had a fantastic weekend with her best friend, Aunt Val. Valarie is my parent's dog (she came with her name, and yes it sounds a lot like Hillary when yelled) and they brought her along for a visit.

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see more pics! You painted your new kitchen table????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the city come pick up the leaves from the front or did they have to mulch and bag them? So many questions so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes and Yes. We painted the new table black, which is actually what we originally wanted in a table, and it looks great! And Yes the city thankfully does pick up the leaves. Hopefully soon too so that don't blow back into the yard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh come on now! Your parents house growing up had plently of leaves...you have past experience, next year you need to get out there and attack them!

    Can't wait to see more renovation pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got to tell you, I was pretty pissed when I couldn't find that leaf blower on Friday. I missed the most glorious weekend to do yard work that November had to offer. Now I will have to blow leaves in the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house is beautiful. WOW!

    We miss the leaves. We just get big palm fronds that drop when they're dead. No color or beauty in that!

    ReplyDelete