Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Profile sent...Check!

It's been awhile since we've been able to post anything about our adoption progress, and we've been anxious to move things right along. Turns out our agency is "the busiest it's been in 8 years" and are "exploding with birth parents" right now. This is great, but it has also been so busy that our home study hasn't been able to be completed by our social worker. I am pleased to say that after talking to her on the phone again this evening, the completed home study will be in our hands by tomorrow morning. All we have to do is read it over and make sure everything is correct. Once we are satisfied, the h.s. gets read and approved (hopefully), by the agency supervisor. R, our social worker is thinking that we will be completely active as of Monday or Tuesday!!!!

This is copies of our "dear birthparent" letter and our official profile. I mailed it out today!!!Seems like there should be more inside, right?
On a totally unrelated note, if you hop on over to Tami's blog, she is having a great give-away that you should check out.

5 comments:

  1. Yea, congrats on one step further!

    Btw, if you win my giveaway and get that shirt, this will not be unrelated at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! So glad to hear that things are moving right along!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, so glad things have progressed since I talked to you!! And I got the e-mail from REI today, the BOBs are on sale! Maybe you should invest in one too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! Fabulous progress! I love hearing the updates. : )

    ReplyDelete