Seriously, eight month olds are so much fun!!! Like I say every month, I cannot believe our teeny tiny little miss is this old already, but I wouldn't trade anything for the stage we are at right now. We are at the golden stage where Colbie can sit, play and entertain herself for short periods of time, but still isn't interested in moving too much on her own so I don't have to be right there every single second.

She remains the world's happiest baby, and is also continuing to be a fantastic sleeper. Nights are 7p-7a and she usually takes two naps a day lasting at least 90 minutes each, but usually longer. As I type this, I am quickly looking for some wood to knock on.
C. is a great eater and doesn't seem to be picky at all. It does take her a few tries to warm up to new flavors though. Her favorite food at the moment is the Mum-Mum. Do you know about the Mum-Mum? If not, and you have a little one, head to Target (I haven't been able to find them at grocery stores) and buy a box. I can almost guarantee it will be a hit!

Other favorites of Colbie's right now are:
Talking
Talking
Talking
Singing
Shouting
Talking
Shrieking
etc....

Let's just say sister's got a lot to say. Yesterday at church we made it about 3 minutes before the woman behind of had the giggles so bad that she was shaking while listening to Colbie trying to sing along. I spent the remaining 57 or so minutes behind the sound proof doors in back of church while C. continued to talk the.whole.time. Mostly she likes to tell people da da da da or la la la la but sometimes she changes it up and says something different altogether.
Another thing that Colbie is loving, is making this face, which totally cracks us up. When she does this, she breathes really loud and fast through her nose until we mimic her, and then she cracks up herself.
Oh, and she currently has two teeth:
As far as weight and height goes, I'm not too sure. My guess is that she is between 16-17 pounds, but we'll find out for sure next month.
Oh such a beauty!!!!!! They just get to be more and more fun! Love the funny face!
ReplyDeleteAwesome post! Enjoy the golden age of immobility. Life changes BIG time when they start moving all over the place. :)
ReplyDeleteNever heard of Mum-Mums, but I will definitely check them out after your rave review.
So glad you have a healthy, happy, sleep-loving baby. Little I. has reverted in that department. He used to sleep like a champ, and now he's back to waking up EVERY NIGHT. What gives? I feel like a new mom again...sleep deprived and worn out.
Glad to see all is well over there!
I just love to see all of her smiles! She is getting so big, and cuter everyday. Glad to see the romper made it into the pictures too, I'm sort of wishing they made that romper in my size :)
ReplyDeleteShe is so big! What a fun little girl you've got:)
ReplyDeleteI just can't believe how big she is getting! She is so happy~ no wonder she has a lot to say!!:)
ReplyDelete