On your mark, get set, go!!!
Mile one was okay, I ran it in 9:43. Not too shabby considering. Better slow down a little though.
then there is a hill, a big big hill, followed by another hill, this is not going to end well.
Mile two, I'm lucky to have survived this long. Time 10:11? Really, even with the hill?
I see D.B. on his way back, geez he's fast
Mile three, I think my diaphragm muscles are cramping, is that physically possible? 10:12
At this point it's faster to finish than to stop and turn around, starting to get into a groove. Mile four: 10:09
One mile left, if I walk now I'm a big loser. Holy crap, I think I just passed some people. That's what all of you get for starting out too fast. Oh, you think you are going to pass me, not if I cut you off. Wow, I feel great, why haven't I been running all winter? Mile five: 9:09
Finish Line!!! I'm so happy to see you!!!
Waiting for me at the finish line, all re hydrated and not looking tired at all was my lovely husband. Not particularly pleased with his time, but I think it's pretty crazy considering he has run a total of 4 miles in the past 4 weeks!
yeah, that says 33:42, a pace of 6:47, and like I said, he wasn't pleased!Here we are with the new car we won in a raffle at the race!!!!!
Just jokes, there was no new car. This is just where we ended up standing for our post-race, we heart each other picture. Back in the car it was time for me to re hydrate. Beverage of choice? Coffee that I didn't have time to finish pre-race, mmmm.
So the race wasn't as bad as it could have been, but I think I'll try and stick to the training ahead of time plan. We'll just see how I feel tomorrow.Happy weekend everybody!
***this picture was actually taken after the race, for those of you who don't believe me that I don't really sweat, just sayin'***
Hehe...when I clicked on the link and it was to me, I was so excited I may have peed a little bit!
ReplyDeleteGreat run period. I won't even say great run for not training, because you are a winner just for getting out and doing it!
P.S. DVD's time? I hate him.
You're AMAZING, I would've been walking miles 2, 3, 4 and 5:)
ReplyDeleteWay to go! After racing in February, I haven't run another mile since then. Sad! That's what the first trimester of pregnancy does to me. I can't even think of doing a race after months of not running. You're an inspiration!!!
ReplyDeleteOMG I can't even run one mile. Seriously. I suck.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! I am impressed, and I totally believed you won a car at first, lol!
Good job, DB & Sis! I'm definitly impressed!
ReplyDeletexoxoxo Mom