We have been keeping ourselves more than busy with house projects lately. And it seems that no matter how much you get done, there is always more to do. I guess that's the joy of home-ownership, but at least you get to make things exactly like you want them.
Here are some shots of our most recent projects:
These are pictures from D.B.'s project. This is our screened in porch. It used to have indoor/outdoor carpet, which we tore up with great intentions of reflooring it and making it much nicer. Turns out that whatever was used to stick the carpet to the concrete is impossible to remove. This has turned out to be a much much larger project than originally intended. I am glad that this is not my project.
This was one of my mom and my projects when my parents came to visit. Our house has a serious case of the 1970's, and we are slowly but surely trying to update it. Here is a door frame that now has WHITE TRIM!!!!!! Welcome to the 21st century door frame. I'll have you know that dark trim takes A LOT of coats of primer and paint to cover. During my parent's visit we tackled the trim in the foyer, powder room, hallway and up the stairs, with a lot more dark wood trim left to paint.
Here is a chrome door knob in place of a brass/gold knob that used to be on this door. We have replaced all of the hinges and knobs in the downstairs now. During this project we also got to learn how to extract striped screws, which turns out is a horrible job and no fun at all. I just happen to notice that this picture kind of makes the knob look gold, but I promise it's not.
This was my main project today and I really wish I had a "before" picture so you all could appreciate how bonkers I went with the weeding/dead-heading. At least you can get a glimpse at all of the pretty mums I planted. I love mums, they are so fall-ish, and I love fall.
Stay tuned for the next blog where you will have a chance to see how 1970's-ish our house really was/is.
I remember the trim -- nice job updating. Painting trim SUCKS.
ReplyDeleteNice job! No pictures of DVD's finished floor?
ReplyDelete