With our plans to go hike Mt. Rainier canceled due to fog, we took off to hike around Point Defiance Park in Tacoma instead. It was a short, but nice hike that gave us a chance to goof off a little bit, and me a chance to play with some of the functions on the camera.
And now you are all subject to look at a bunch of the pictures I took, enjoy.
We considered ourselves warned:

Apparently not warned enough though:

Random shots from the hike:



D.B. doing the customary "Rave Run" that I always make him do. He's a good sport.

Here is what I almost stepped on during the hike! We don't have these in the midwest:

I think people on the show Survivor had to eat slugs, yuck!

In case you couldn't tell how big the slug really was, here is some perspective:

Now look down at your own foot, and tell me that wasn't a big slug!!!!!
That slug is disgusting. We have slugs, we just don't have anything like THAT. Ugh. Thank heavens.
ReplyDeleteYeah. What HangerMom said. Ew. Also, that sign is the best thing I've seen in awhile.
ReplyDeleteHiking is always an experience...you never know what youll find! Yikes! I think that is def the biggest slug i have ever seen!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pics by the way!!:)
There are indeed slugs that big in Michigan. They live behind and on James and Bridget Wouldwyk's house. I've seen them. They are just like the one you photographed except they have tiger stripes. One time I saw two of them making love on the side of the house. They were slugging all over each other. It was like a sci-fi, horror, and a porno all wrapped into one image.
ReplyDelete