Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day


For a few years now on Mother's Day I would sit in church watching all of the moms stand and get a special blessing. This was not easy for me. Last night we went to Mass, and at the end all of the mothers stood, and with Colbie in my arms, so did I.

Today I woke up at 10am!!! All I asked for for Mother's Day was to sleep in, and my little wish was granted. I slept for 11 straight hours! The hubs found me standing in the middle of our bedroom, smiling and stretching at 10:05. He had already fed, changed, played with, and put little miss down for her morning nap. He saw me, smiled and said, "your coffee is cold", and smiled back and replied, "I don't care, I am so well rested".

After a slow, and lovely start to the morning, D.B. and Colbie walked in with this:
I appreciate him teaching her about Anthropologie early and what her mama really likes!

We then packed up and headed to some local gardens where we walked around and enjoyed the warm weather and just being together.

The look on her face here totally cracks me up. We had a hard time getting one of C. looking at the camera. There were way too many distractions to pay any attention to her mama.

After our time at the gardens we headed to one of our favorite places in town, the University of Wisconsin student union terrace where we enjoyed some drinks and a great view.
The rest of the day was wrapped up with yard work, talking to our moms and rocking my little, long awaited baby girl to sleep. Something I only dreamt of doing this time last year.

A very very special Mother's Day to all of you moms out there, especially our mom's and grandma. We hope you had a wonderful day, and we wish we could have celebrated with you!!! And for our grandmothers that have past on, we remember you too.

More than anyone in the world, this Mother's Day we are thinking of and praying for Colbie's birthmom, and thanking her for giving me the gift of being a mom. Happy Mother's Day M!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day! I LOVE that picture of her sitting in the grass - ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOO glad you had such an Amazing 1st Mother's Day!!! Can't tell you how excited I am that your wish finally came true:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that FACE is adorable!! love love it!
    Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that you had a blessed Mother's Day...full of rest. I, on the other hand, had Clare in a hide-a-bed with me the whole night (sharing a hotel room with my parents). I learned that she sleeps sideways, and my ribs were her kickboard. Not quite the 11 hours that you experienced, but "blessed" nonetheless.

    What was in the bag???????

    To many, many more happy Mother's Day celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! Happy Mother's Day!! What a gift of love you and D.B. have for lil C, and what a gift of love her birthmom had, too. We will always remember her "tummy mommy"!!

    Thank you for all the great ideas for mother's days to come for me! Sleeping in, new clothes, afternoon in the park...great job picking such a fine husband! Colbs is so stinking cute! Just can't get enough of that little sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Happy 1st Mother's Day to a super duper amazing mommy!

    ReplyDelete