Monday, May 2, 2011

Pool Pouty


One of the reasons the hubs and I bought the house we did was because of the backyard pool. We figured that having us as parents could be a real limiting factor for our children's popularity and coolness. Having a pool though, that automatically makes you a little cooler, and I'm not going to lie, Colbie may already have made some friends based on the possibilities of summer pool parties. We are also aware of the fact that Colbie already stands a better chance at being cool solely on the fact that she does not share our dorky genes.

Anypool, where am I going with this?

Well, this past weekend we stayed at a hotel that happened to have an indoor pool. We thought it would be a good idea to introduce her to swimming so this summer she would be ready to go. Then this happened:
Needless to say, it didn't go very well. It is also important to note that Colbie boycotted naps while on this trip, so she was overly tired to say the least.

It did get better though, at least a little bit.

I figure, even if she doesn't end up liking to swim, she can still hang out by the pool in one of her many bathing suits while entertaining her friends. Because seriously, does it get any cuter than this?

For the record, those are in fact the world's cutest chicken legs!!! Oh, and no, we did not even think about how D.B. and I would look even pastier white than before once we became a transracial family.

3 comments:

  1. You are hilarious!! Love the photos and the great stories that go along with it. Way to fight to get in photos! Otherwise your kids won't remember that you were once young at hot! :) And just for the record, the McDaniel family LOVES dorky genes and perhaps that is why the Sanders are some of our favorite friends! (We have a pool too, but only so I don't go stir crazy in the house during hot summers here; never thought about the coolness factor! I don't think that counts here though, since everyone has a pool!)

    Can't wait for the next posts! You can never have too many photos of Colbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least she was happy outside the pool. Great pictures.

    We, too, have a pool...but more for the reasons that Lisa mentioned...utter necessity! However, if it ends up making us cool we'll be happy with that fringe benefit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, the chicken legs. Yes, yes, I will second the fact that they are the cutest things around!
    Don't worry Colbie will absolutely use the pool for social events! HAHA! She will show off her gorgeous bathing suits!

    ReplyDelete