Thursday, December 8, 2011

C. and the Big Guy

A few of days I brought Colbie down to the mall to meet Santa. I was half expecting it to go something like this:
But...turns out she didn't mind him one bit. She thought his beard was pretty interesting, and he seemed like a pretty nice guy.
In regards to the first picture, that is actually the hubs! Look closely, you can see my reflection taking a picture of the picture with my iphone. The picture is framed and sits on a table in our foyer, and may in fact be my favorite Christmas decoration. It's really just the classic santa picture, isn't it?!?!

Here's a confession:

A teeny tiny part of me wanted the "classic santa picture" of Colbie. I will still frame one of her and the big guy from this year and put in on the foyer table, but... how funny would it have been to have the two "classic" pictures sitting next to each other?!?

And yes, I realize I am a really bad mom for both wanting this, and confessing this to the world.

Oh, and one more thing. The hubs was either 6 months or 18 months old when the picture of him and santa was taken. I honestly can't tell which one it is though. Was he a super tiny 18 month old or a six month old who appears to be wearing a wig? Your guess is as good as mine.

3 comments:

  1. The idea of a six month old in a wig is too hilarious! But that would be a LOT of natural hair at that age...

    I totally have the "classic" shots of the girls with Santa, and I hear you. I would have been a tiny bit disappointed if they'd been totally cool and smiley with him. That doesn't make you a (very) bad person. If it makes you feel better, I haven't even gotten around to taking Meg or Peter to meet the big guy. Only the older two "enjoyed" that opportunity when they were little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing 18 months old with all that hair and walking shoes on;) It's UBER Adorable either way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh...he does look little, but those are some pretty established teeth for a 6-month old. I'm going to have to say 18-months.

    Colbie is so adorable. Yet another great picture. :)

    ReplyDelete