

My mannequin head has arrived, and she's a little creepy! It's not every day that you open your front door and find a head in a box. In fact, after watching the movie Seven a long time ago, I would have never dreamed about being excited about such a delivery.
Why do I own a mannequin head?
Why not?!?!
No really, I ordered the head because it was on my required list of supplies I needed to bring to the "African Heritage Hair and Skin Care" workshop that I will be attending down in Chicago in a couple of weeks. I'm really excited about the class because it's for people just like me, white mama's (and daddy's) with black babies!
So far I haven't had to worry too much about C.'s hair, since she doesn't have much to begin with. But...she is starting to get more and this mama does not know where to even begin. Here was my first attempt at finger coils:
They actually turned out okay, but weren't tight enough at all. There are so many different techniques, products, and styles to learn about in order to achieve healthy hair, and I can't wait to get started. I really want C. to be proud of her hair and love it but I know for that to happen, it starts with the hubs and me.
Oh, and as for the newest member of the family:

I have named her Patience, because I have a feeling her and I are going to spend a lot of time together in an effort to not use the moving target of a toddler for practice.
I think those finger coils look really good. I bet Gramma Moon could have shown you a trick or two. I remember her being an expert at pin curling. As for Patience, she is in need of some desperate help. Good luck with that!
ReplyDeleteSomehow I know you will "catch-on" quickly.
xoxox GG
You my friend, are awesome! I think it is wonderful that you are taking a class and learning how to do hair on Patience (great name!).
ReplyDeleteColbie is going to rock her hair!
You are awesome! Colbie's hair looks a lot like mine. Feel free to email me if you want to talk hair. JCTaylor04@gmail.com. Patience is a perfect name :)
ReplyDeleteAgreed. You are SO AWESOME! We will do anything for love...even order boxes with heads in them. Nice Seven mention! Totally forgot about that. Probably one of the scarier movies I saw as a teenager. Back when Brad Pitt was "young" :) I love the little Colbie Curls! Nice job.
ReplyDeletep.s. That's the freakiest picture ever.
ReplyDelete