We met at “Mommy-baby hour”, an hour long, once a week meeting for new mom’s to talk, compare notes, and discuss specific topics with a nurse directing the flow of conversation. I looked forward to this meeting each week, and am so thankful that a local hospital here in Madison puts this on...and opens it up to adoptive families!
Now...2.5 years later...
We are tired, weary and still unsure of what to do next, but that’s only because we are multiplying!!! The newborn questions have turned from “what diapers are recommended” to “how in the world do I keep my 2.5 year old from smothering the baby?” We don’t meet in a formal setting anymore, but instead someone’s house where we can drink our coffee freely while the toddlers run around and keep each other occupied.
God Bless the sisterhood of the mommies!
The newest two, only five days apart:
Take your pick of the boyfriend Syd!
“What did you just say, I get to pick a boyfriend? For real?"
“Heh, where to even begin?"
“Hair, let’s start with the hair, hmmmm, Connor has pretty great coverage"
“Gosh, but so does Nolen. This is going to be harder than I thought"
“I might be able to choose if I took a lick”
“Yup, he tastes good, but are you sure I can’t choose both?"
And then there were six!
Seriously, I am one lucky mama!
For the record, these only represent the children from two of the women I met at Mommy-Baby hour. There are about five more mommies not represented here that have truly made the journey into mommy-hood so much more of a wonderful adventure for me (and my girls!).








What an adorable blog and darling bunch of kids! Tell Chris she certainly got one that looks like her this time!! So glad that you have this wonderful network of moms to be a part of in Madison. xoxox
ReplyDelete