Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Today we spent Easter doing some very festive things, and some not as festive of things. We headed to Mass this morning, followed by a nice brunch at Sardine's (which was very yummy except getting grits instead of pom frites).

After brunch we headed home, and while we were gone the Easter bunny had arrived and left a big basket of candy for D.B. The bunny got me some tulips (my fav.) the day before.We headed out with the hound for a nice walk on a pretty nice day. This is a picture in our front yard after we arrived home, and yes, we realize that our dog is in fact gigantic!!!After the walk we headed to Menard's to get a patio table for our porch. The next couple of hours were spent transporting the goods (it took two trips in the CRV), and then assembling everything. Overall it looks pretty good, and we are excited to start dining outside once it warms up again. This is the first step in fixing the porch up, which may take quite awhile and a visit from some handy parents.

Here's the new stuff, and then a shot of Molly and me modeling the new furniture.We just finished up our dinner of ham, mashed potatoes, and veggies (all home made!). Now it's time for dessert courtesy of a new bakery downtown.Hope you all had a wonderful Easter too!!!!

12 comments:

  1. DB is really livin' up his ability to eat sweets again? As for you, it doesn't seem like much of a lazy day now does it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day! But...did D.B. have to eat the whole ham himself? Or are you no longer doing the vegetarian thing? Love the pic of you all in the yard--too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything sounds wonderful! Love the new furniture and the yellow tulips! I got some of those this weekend too! Yayyy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the grandog is really getting big!! Everyone and everything is looking good. (Like your hair, by-the-way). And the new patio funiture looks ohhh so inviting. Can't wait to try it out myself! xoxox Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures! Your house is so pretty!

    Sounds like you had a fun Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cupcakes look pretty terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want that cupcake with the raspberry on top!

    Happy Easter to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you know that your dog is gigantic? I wasn't sure if you knew, so I thought I'd let you know. I'm just sayin.

    I'm also assuming that you didn't know Menard's is ghetto...or ghetto fabulous...whichever you prefer. Oh well, I'll still sit on the patio with a margarita when I come to visit:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait until next Easter when Hillary has all home sewn, original matching outfits for Mom, Dad, Molly, and their new baby! Can't wait to share in the joy that this picture will bring to everyone!
    Happy Easter! Love, MomS

    ReplyDelete
  10. The patio looks fantastic! Now if it will just warm up a bit here in Madison, you can actually use 'em.

    Glad you guys had a wonderful Easter. Blessings!
    -Fr. Nate

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like a darn wonderful weekend to me! Your home is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fun reading your blog, Molly is darling, the new patio furniture is lovely. the cupcakes look deeee lish ! and just know your baby is a coming.

    ReplyDelete