Sunday, June 27, 2010

Because...

Because....

It is an old family recipe

We went to the farmer's market Saturday morning and I found rhubarb

I love using my Kitchen Aide Mixer

I love my husbandI give you Rhubarb Custard!

As for an update regarding the adoption, it's been almost two weeks since we last heard from the birthmom. Our profile went "active" again Friday, so we'll either be getting a call from the hospital in the near future that our daughter has arrived...or we'll wait to be picked by birthmother number two. Either way, we'll keep you posted.

And here is a bonus picture of Molly and her new friend Lefty, who she met at the dog swim beach. They were BFF's in no time flat!

7 comments:

  1. So, your pie looks crazy delicious...and I don't even like rhubarb!

    I'm glad your profile is active again, but I will keep my fingers crossed about the first baby too:) Did you know that statistically more babies are born in July and August than any other months?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rhubarb. My mom use to cook it all the time. I would love that recipe if you wouldnt mind. I just remember it being hard to cook I thought. but I am so culinary challenged. Always keeping the positive thoughts for the adoption. always !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Sanders. Who posts a rhubarb custard pie, with picture, claiming it is an old family recipe....and then does not provide the recipe!!! Seriously, and I thought we were friends. PS Is it served ala mode?
    Are the best friends sharing the stick or fighting over it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now I officially have to try rhubarb pie, it looks delicious!! Penny is the same way LOVES the water, give her something to retrieve and she is in heaven! Our prayers continue!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhubard custard? I've never had anything like that before. Is it hard to make?

    Hope the birth mom knows how good she could have it with you and DB. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pie does look quite tasty and I second the request for the recipe.

    Sue and I are thinking of you guys. You'll be wonderful parents soon!

    ReplyDelete