Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend in Pictures

I'm not including Saturday in this picture post, because nothing really very exciting happened. Although...we did look at some cribs!

Sunday we headed to our friend's April, Mike and Jake's lakehouse for a day on the boat and in the water.

Have I mentioned that D.B. really likes getting pulled behind boats?Jake and April enjoying the warm May waterHere's Jake looking at his dad, Mike, getting ready to ski. I love this pic.Molly livin' the good life. I think she wouldn't mind being a "boat dog"Monday D.B. was nursing a very sore back (think pulled behind boat), meanwhile I was nursing a very sore front (abdomen) for some unknown reason. We He did some chores around the house and then headed to Bratfest!!!!We may have ordered more than just a brat:My belly was still really bothering me so I ended up possibly being the only person to attend Bratfest without eating a brat, however I was able to help out a little bit with the funnel cake! But look how good the brat looked:Later that evening I finally decided it was about time for my unexplainable pain to be explained, so to the ER we went. By 3am I was in the OR having my appendix removed and by 12:30pm today we were on our way home and feeling better, but also kind of like I got hit by a big board.Remember the big boat from this post that I took across Lake Michigan last weekend? Yeah, my mom is on that boat right now to come and take care of her little girl. Thanks Mom!

In other exciting news, some friends of ours had a little girl yesterday, Veronica Kate. And we are both pretty sure we are never going to forget her birthday.

I hope that your weekend were as good as the fun parts of ours!!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. How scary. Thank goodness you're ok. Feel better soon lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are insane for writing this post after just having your appendix out! I hope you're feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hillary, you are a trouper!! I'm glad that you caught it early!! Relax, take care of yourself, and I'll talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a way to spend Memorial day:( Ethan had to have his appendix out a couple of years ago, maybe bad appendix's run in the family?! Hope you are feeling better after some good Mama nursing, soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're feeling better! What a weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember those brats!! You will get one next year, looks like a fun weekend. Well except for the losing your organ part!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! I hope your recovery is going well; I'm so glad that you're OK.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Craziness! Hope you're feeling better! Sending lots of Get Well Quick wishes your way!!

    ReplyDelete