Thursday, September 16, 2010

Match Round TWO!

If you are a family waiting for a match in an adoption, this is how you do it: buy airline tickets and plan a vacation. Even if the adoption doesn't go through, you'll get the match, we learned that in June.

Monday D.B. called the travel agent and booked us flights for a trip to Baltimore/D.C. in October. I bet you can guess what happened on Tuesday.

Tuesday our social worker called to let us know about two different situations, one was more on the "urgent" side. Nothing is even close to official, but the plan is for us to meet a birth mother this upcoming Tuesday and potentially be parents by the end of next week. Like I said, nothing is official, and we are going into the situation cautiously. We want to make sure we are comfortable with the birthmother, and she is comfortable with us.

If you would't mind, please keep up in your thoughts and prayers over the next few days and on Tuesday in particular.

It's crazy to think as soon as next week we might have:

14 comments:

  1. TWINS?! Whoa. Wow. Words elude me. I'll just keep praying for you :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crossing everyhting ! and will be thinking and sending positive thoughts everyday especially on Tuesday. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be thinking of you every step of the way, based on how you turned out I am sure you and your husband will be the best parents any baby/ies could ever have!! Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad we got to chat for a little bit yesterday. You know I have been sending up prayers for you guys. You are going to be such great parents! Can't wait to hear news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TWINS?! :) Thinking and praying that this works out for you! Can't wait to hear the news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I'm going to stay hopeful for you :) Our across the street neighbors just got a little boy from the midwest. Their story gives me goosebumps every time (and it was a long and complicated road-- gay couple from Utah adopting!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. TWINS? Like two babies at once? My jaw literally hit the desk as I read that. Okay, not literally...but really close! :)

    How exciting! CAN'T WAIT for updates!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just said "WHAT"??? out loud after reading this and my daughter came running to ask what was going on:) I am also cautiously excited for you! I guess when the Lord blesses, he blesses in a BIG way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh--how exciting!! I was off of Blogger for a couple of months there and just found out about the July situation a couple of weeks ago. I will certainly continue to keep you guys in my prayers. Keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOLY CRAP!!!! Keep us in the loop and positive vibes coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting, we will be sending positive wishes your way on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of you, and praying for you guys! I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! TWINS?! You're in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Between the two of you...nothing is impossible! Everything will fall into place as it was meant to be! Many prayers are with you!

    p.s....it always happens when I'm waiting for a phone call or someone knock on my door....as soon as I go to the bathroom...etc.

    ReplyDelete