Sunday, December 19, 2010

Herself the Elf


I apologize, I had no idea it had been 10 days since my last post. I'm not exactly sure where the last five weeks have gone, but I think that is what happens with a baby around. I know that myself and the elf:
have been doing a fair amount of Christmas shopping these days. We are getting closer to being done but I swear, some people are impossible to shop for. I feel like the hardest ones to shop for are always the ones who give the best gifts too!

In addition to all of the Christmas shopping, we got to do some extra special shopping for a new dishwasher. There is nothing like having your old dishwasher totally die on you when there is a baby in the house, no extra time, and a million bottles to wash. But, tomorrow is a new day, and with that new day will come something a lot like this:
Did I mention that Colbie goes through an average of six bottles a day, and thanks to our friend Reflux, we have to use these bottles:
Each bottle contains six pieces, that are currently being washed by hand. You do the math, it's a lot of washing.

And then when I read over what I just wrote, I can't help but think about the people who have babies that don't have:

dishwashers
baby monitors
swings
bouncy seats
diaper genies
strollers
ergo carriers
a loving partner
etc.

and then I feel like a bad person.

But I still am excited about my dishwasher.

What is new with our Christmas Elf you ask?

She will be six weeks old on Tuesday already.

We retired our first newborn outfit the other day, and I may have come close to a meltdown because of it.

She slept six straight hours the other night between feeds! The past two nights we were back to four hours, which is fine, but we pretty excited about the six!!

She holds her head up as high as possible non-stop and keeps herself busy taking in the world around her.
She has gotten visits from her Grandpa Sanders and her Uncle Jason
And she continues to be a super happy baby!!!!
If I don't get a chance to post again until after Christmas, have a wonderful holiday, I know we will!!!




8 comments:

  1. I can't believe how big she's getting!! We can't wait to meet her soon!!

    Btw, when Alivia was born Shawn washed all her bottles by hand and we warmed them all up using hot water. It wasn't until we had Lainey that we realized the importance of dishwashers and microwaves:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is getting so big! SLOW DOWN baby! Oh and just give thanks for the conveniences of modern technology, don't feel guilty. Some day they will have robots to do the night feeds and we will feel like we had it so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so gorgeous! Can't wait to see you all in about a week! I did 3 loads of dishes yesterday, and we don't even use bottles very much, so dishwashers are essential!!!!! Love her Christmas hat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! More pics of the cupcake! I completely understand the meltdown -- keep some of them to give to her when she gets older.

    Super hugs to you, DB, Colbie and Molly -- I just know you will have the best Christmas ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pictures!

    Yeah for a new dishwasher. The little things that bring such great joy. I asked for a new faucet (for our kitchen sink) for Christmas, and Phil just installed it. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. We're growing up, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pictures! She has such a pretty smile. Noelle and Colbie are 1 week apart! Hopefully they will be able to meet someday. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWWW! Colbie you are getting so big sweetie! I just can't take it! That has got to be the cutest elf I have ever laid eyes on! I hope your holiday was amazing...then again...what more could you ask for?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, remember when you used to update this blog sometimes? Yeah, that was awesome.

    ReplyDelete