Friday, June 17, 2011

Baptism Day!


On a rainy May 28th, Colbie Christine began the newest member of the Catholic Church. We felt so blessed to be surrounded by our family for this this special event. Overall C. did great, especially considering she could have really used a good nap.

We felt especially blessed to have a good friend of ours, Father Nate Wills, come into town to Baptize Colbie. Father Nate been around throughout the whole journey to Colbie and was one of Little C.'s first visitors!
Here is Little Miss with her Godparent's, Uncle Jason and Auntie Tami. Tami is actually my cousin, but we might as well have been sisters growing up, and therefore she is "auntie" as far as Colbie is concerned.
Colbie's baptism gown in a Sanders' family heirloom and she is at least the third generation to wear it. And shockingly enough...she did NOT blow it out!

After the Baptism, we headed back home and got ready to party!!!! So stay tuned for more pictures!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love Tami... I didn't know you two were related. Tell her, I miss her blogging!

    What a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what I like best about that picture, the fact that Colbie is grabbing my boob or the fact that for some reason my legs look as black as Colbie! What's up with that?

    I'm so glad we could be a part of Colbie's special day! Please post a picture of Colbie in her rockin' new romper at some point! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful addition Colbie makes to the Catholic Church and to Blessed Sacrament! We loved celebrating her Baptism and finalization with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Baptism Colbie! She looks so content in all of the pictures...how lovely!! :)

    ReplyDelete