Monday evening of our trip D.B.'s mom (aka Grandma) flew in from Seattle and it took us approximately 5 minutes to hand over the baby and be out the door. When you don't live close to family the idea of a free babysitter for a night is just too much to resist. Luckily for us, one of the hub's good friends from med school happens to be a team doctor for the Colorado Rockies and offered to bring us to the game! We had such a great evening with James and Kristy and to top it off, the Rockies won!!! 

All but one day of our entire trip was cold and rainy. Think Seattle weather. On that single day where it only rained an hour of so we took advantage of some of Denver's surrounding areas and enjoyed the great outdoors.
Doesn't every baby go hiking in pink, sparkly mary-jane socks?
After a morning filled with hiking, we picked up Grandma and headed to Bolder where the sun was shining!
In addition to lots of quality time with Grandma, Colbie got to hang out with her Uncle Jason! Her and Uncle J. were fast friends and Little Miss thought LeRoy the dog was pretty great too!!!
Last but certainly not least, C. and I got to spend the day with one of my best friends from college, Sarah! This may have been a boring shopping trip for Colbie except Sarah brought along Owen, her little man who was born in January. I give you the future Mr. and Mrs. Owen and Colbie Zuber:
Owen is afraid of cameras by the way, he doesn't always look this traumatized :)
It is important to know, when Sarah and I were living together in college, we used to talk about having babies around the same time (her a boy and me a girl) and how they would get married someday. No pressure Owen and Colbie, no pressure at all.
Ahhh...yes...the arranged marriage. We have a few prospects lined up for each of our peanuts. :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you're back in the blogosphere!
I think all girls should be able to hike in pink sparkle shoes! How adorable! Looks like you had an amazing trip! I love how friendly Colbie is! She seems so happy with everyone! Fingers crossed for Colbie and Owen...I think they would make a cute match!! :)
ReplyDeleteI missed you!!!:)