Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Fish food and cowboy boots


My parents have created the grandchildren wonderland in their back yard. I'm not kidding. They have a large pond with a fountain to race the paddle boats around, a private beach that sits beside the "fish house" which is full of nets, fishing poles, life jackets, and toys, oh and fish food! The fish food is very important because feeding the fish is everyone's favorite thing to do, and Papa couldn't wait to bring Colbie out to the fish house for the first time when we were in Michigan.
Cousin Simone was a big help in showing C. how to properly feed the fish and turtles.

After feeding the fish, it's time to go for a ride around the property with Papa, and if you are lucky, he will stop and cut you some flowers.

This year's cows had just been delivered, but we didn't have the chance to "feed papa's cows" while we were there. There was some time for the cousins to sit and play in the grass though.
Oh, and did I happen to mention that being out in the county means that a girl automatically needs a pair of cowgirl boots?
Well, it's true.

6 comments:

  1. Our trips home look a bit different than that. If we ever manage to make it to Fremont at the same time, we'll have to schedule a few play dates: out in the country and out on the lake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH!! Can you say crazy cute. Matching same dresses too!! I love it. Those boots are ridiculous cute. I think Mama needs a pair too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post ! the pictures of the coutryside and Colbie and her darling cousin are simply beautiful. what a great little haven your parents have. the cowboy boots are perfect, so fashion forward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! The second and last pictures are my favorite! I can't show Alivia this post though, she'd be mad that she didn't get in on the picture with her identical dress on!

    P.S. Love those cowgirl boots;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful beautiful beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously...I can't take it ! So sooo adorable! I love it! What an amazing place!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete