So, this blog post is completely out of order, but it offers up an explanation to where we have been. On Memorial Day, Little Miss and I hitched a ride with my parents and headed back to Michigan for five days. Oh, and I should also note that much to my parent's dismay they are only provided with dial-up internet ~insert cringe here~, thus no blogs from their house is Michigan.
Back to the purpose of this post
Colbie and spent the five days doing a lot of things, but the purpose of our visit was to spend time with my Grandma B. who was diagnosed with a nasty form of bone cancer (Multiple Myeloma) in January. The Friday morning before C. and I were set to take off, we had a wonderful time where it was just the three of us. By Friday afternoon we could see my Grandma failing...fast. We decided to stay in Michigan.
Early in the morning on Monday the 6th of June my grandma passed away. She was a lovely, kind, spirited woman who I will remember fondly and miss greatly.
And I am beyond grateful for the days Colbie had with her, and her with Colbie.
Together this past Christmas
Oh, and as for our 5 day long trip, we were there a total of 14, but that was just fine.
My Mom was happy to see you last week. Sorry about the circumstances.
ReplyDeleteThat last picture of Colbie and your Grandma brings tears to my eyes! I'm glad she was able to meet Colbie.
ReplyDeleteOh sweetie! I am so so sorry for your loss. I know your gram is looking down on you and your family.
ReplyDeleteHUGS**