I love Chicago. It's my favorite city in the whole world. I'm convinced that everyone meets their soul mate when they live in Chicago. I know I did. Over Labor Day weekend D.B. and I decided to head down to Chicago to show Colbie where her mama and dada once lived, met, and fell in love.
We had a great time. Our first stop was Portillo's, which is a Chicago institution when it comes to food. There were other restaurants we would have liked to go too, but when you are bring a 9-month-old, you tend to go to the loudest places you can think of. Colbie loved all of the commotion and really would have loved my cake shake had I let her try it:
Here is a shot of the restaurant across from Portillo's. This is one of the reasons I love Chicago, the flowers.
After our quick lunch we headed down to visit with our good friend's, the Kribs. They were gracious enough to let us stay with them Saturday night, and we had a really wonderful time. Here is their oldest daughter, Tess, with Colbie. Their youngest, Paige (6 months), was down for her morning nap. The three girls did really well playing together, and it will be fun watching them grow up as friends.
After church on Sunday we headed up Lakeshore Drive, and my love for Chicago and my memories from when I lived there came rushing back:
After a quick lunch we headed to Lincoln Park Zoo where we met up with my Chicago roommate Nikki and her boyfriend, Ken. It didn't take Auntie Nikki long to have Colbie in her arms and the two had a blast looking at all of the animals together.
After the zoo, we headed back to Auntie Nikki's place where the hubs and I ditched Colbie so we could go out on a date! Dinner and ice cream!

No comments:
Post a Comment