The last few weekends D.B. has taken Colbie and Molly on some hikes while I either head to work or get some stuff done around the house. This past Saturday I tagged along for what turned out to be a beautiful hike at Governor Dodge State Park, which is about an hour south of us.

Colbie was all smiles for about 45 minutes and then I looked over to see this:

The hubs reports that this is usually what happens on their hikes.
And not to be completely left out:

Molly had a great time too.
Be still my heart that is one adorable girl (Molly is pretty cute too!)
ReplyDeleteI wonder - is it awkward if you're an adult alone with a child in a backpack carrier like that? How does DB know when Colbie has fallen asleep (apart from the obvious weight of her head against his neck in the photo above)? Do you carry a small mirror to hold up and see behind you?
ReplyDeleteMusings from a mom who's never tried the backpack :).
Aww! It's so fun to see D.B. love being a daddy so so much. :)
ReplyDeleteThat looks terrific. It's still a bit HOT for hiking around here, but we just had a family trip to Chuck E. Cheese. Not quite the same! :)
ReplyDelete"HangerMom" -- it is awkward to hike alone with Colbie on my back. I've been tempted to ask passersby to take a look for me. I use the camera on my phone to take a quick peek at her. I think I've also woken her up a few times. When I'm not with Hillary, I don't go to any remote locations.
ReplyDelete