Saturday, September 10, 2011

Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner: Ten Month


So once again I am way behind on blog posts, but I wanted to get this one up as soon as I could so I wouldn't forget altogether.

First, I need to make a public service announcement. If you plan on taking monthly pictures of your baby sitting in a chair, DON'T CHOSE A ROCKING CHAIR TWO FEET OFF THE GROUND!!! I'm sorry to be yelling, but it's getting pretty risky around these parts come the 9th of every month.

It usually starts okay
But then quickly progresses into this
And then this
And within a matter of about 10 seconds we are pretty much trying to catch Colbie as she launches herself.
Taking her monthly pictures takes a minimum of two people at all times now, and I only imagine this is going to get worse in the next couple of months...which brings me to point number two:

I only have two more stickers to stick on my sweet baby girl and then she's one. Do you know what that means?!?! It means in less than two months my baby girl is going to be a toddler. I just don't know how this happened so fast! I'm looking for suggestions on how to slow time down, so if you have any, please pipe up soon.

So, Colbie's happenings as of late:

She is starting to figure out the crawling thing, and continues to love the walk behind toys.

She is still a great sleeper sleeping 12 hours at night and then taking two good naps per day.

She is a fantastic eater with her favorite foods being lasagna, avocados, and bran muffins. I know, weird.

Little Miss has A LOT to say, although we have no idea what she is saying. She does seem to match "dada" up with the hubs and "mama" with me, as well as a high-pitched, excited "Mmmmmm" sound when she see's Molly the hound. Once in a very great while she parrots us perfectly with words like "all done" or "kiss".

She has six, count them, six teeth!

As far as weight and height go, I'm just going to say heavy and long.

Overall though, we will continue to say that we have the happiest baby in the world, and for that we feel very blessed.


1 comment:

  1. Your tardiness is still ahead of my total truancy. I love reading the updates on your little November 9 babe. I'm with you on SLOWING TIME DOWN...although I can't relate on the two naps a day and 12 hours at night. I wish, I wish, I wish. He's a happy guy, but he seems to think he only needs one nap a day...with about 11 hours at night.

    ReplyDelete