Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Benz

This was the sweet car that the hubs rented us while in Ireland:
This picture was actually taken while the car was stuck in a mud hole, only we didn't know it yet.  We got out without assistance, but it wasn't pretty.

The car was fully loaded with an automatic transmission and a built in GPS.  Both of these things are huge luxuries when driving in Ireland...I'm not kidding either.

This was also the car we almost ruined by nearly putting diesel fuel in.  Luckily some nozzle size differences and some very kind Irish men helped up choose petrol instead.  In our defense, the rental car told us the car took diesel and even wrote it on the agreement for us.  Thanks a lot Avis!  

This is what driving in Ireland looks like:


I should point out that this is a very typical scene there and that the speed limit was more than likely 100 km/hr (62 mph) at this very spot.  The hubs made a comment about the speed limits being more like "a challenge" than a restriction...awesome.  

Narrow roads, fast speeds, opposite side traveling, and no good place for a med-flight helicopter to land for a rescue.  I was pretty sure I was going to die on a daily basis.  

And yes, I am a nurse in a level I trauma ER, and thoughts like that frequently cross my mind.

Thanks for keeping us both safe hubs.


1 comment:

  1. Why didn't I take a pic of the cars on the road?!? Brilliant! I tried to explain this madness to people! pure craziness, and add to that you are driving on the passenger side of the car. Makes you feel WILD!!

    ReplyDelete