Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cutest Laundry in Town: Month One

In some ways this has been the longest month ever, but then again, it seems IMPOSSIBLE that Sydney is already a month old.  I remember writing the one month post about Colbie, and that doesn’t seem that long ago.  Now she’s 2+, running around and is very much a little person.  If nothing else, watching time fly by with Colbie has taught me to hold tight to the days and nights that seem to go on forever this time around.  I’ve seen the proof, and can be assured that before I know it, we will have two little diva’s dancing around our kitchen each night.

But seriously, a month?  Maybe it seems extra crazy because two months ago, when we got matched, I thought I would be spending this exact week packing bags, making arrangements for Colbie, and having sleepless nights due to anticipation of this baby girl’s arrival.  But here we are, trying our hardest to survive the days of exhaustion and doing our best to begin to establish routine with a baby.  Crazy how, no matter how hard we try, our “plans” are nothing more than a joke, right?

So one month in, I give you the first addition of:

The cutest laundry in town
Did I mention she really loved laying in a laundry basket.  


Here is a chair picture of Sydney with her adoption owl.
When we decided to start the adoption process the first time around, I picked up a sweet little bunny that ended up appearing in all of Colbie’s monthly pictures.  So, the day I sent our packet out for adoption round two, I picked up this owl.

As for our Small Fry’s personality, she is a really sweet girl who has stolen everyone’s heart.

Likes:

Being held (all.the.time)
Being swaddled
White noise
Eating!  (we are overjoyed with this one given our NICU stay)

Dislikes:

Her reflux (boo!)
Being put down
Having poop in her diapers (she’s classy)
Having to wait even 30 seconds to eat

Oh, and as far as her stats go, we were at the doctor exactly one week ago for a weight check and Syd was 6 lbs 12 oz!  I’m sure she is just over seven pounds now!  This is crazy since less than a month ago she could hardly keep herself above five pounds!

And lastly, someone has graduated from the car bed!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. oh she is too cute! congrats again! ~Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her; she is so sweet! I didn't mind the sleepless nights with #2 because I knew they would be over quickly! I'll let you know how things are with #3 in about a week!!

    ReplyDelete