Picking up from where we left off, early morning December 13th.
12:00: Still nothing close to exciting was happening and Jen and I were starving, so we did what any sleep deprived, overly excited woman would do, we headed to the mall. In addition to lunch (and more coffee) we found a couple of children’s stores to shop at and bought baby Sydney a few outfits. I still stand by this being a necessary outing as I had not packed any clothes for Sydney to travel home in.
Around 3:30 I heard familiar footsteps and have never in my life been so happy to see the hubs round the corner into the family lounge. Although I was never actually alone, I felt so much better knowing that he was at the hospital with me.
And then I allowed the exhaustion caused by no sleep at all, and all of the emotions to sink in. And the rest of the night was a complete blur. We checked into a hotel two blocks from the hospital, ordered in pizza and slept.
And then slept some more.
No comments:
Post a Comment