We let Colbie do a lot of “helpful” things to include her in taking care of the baby, but have tried really hard to also have some special treats just for her.
I give you...
Colbie’s first Oreo:
A Saturday morning away with just Mommy:
Where does Colbie want to go? Starbucks (seriously, she insisted on it)! Ok, so we did Starbucks in Target, because I had to get some stuff done too. During our snack together she held up her cup to everyone that walked past and yelled “Latte!” and I smiled and said, “chocolate milk :)”
Playing outside in the snow and riding on the sled:
Being told it was time to go inside :(
And on a separate note, it appears that Colbie has heard about the buzz with Claire Danes in Homeland. Move over Claire, it appears you have some competition:






"first oreo"! You kill me. Peter probably had his first sometime shortly after rice cereal and bananas. Ha! (Although, in fairness, Marianne's was likely much closer to Colbie's timeframe.)
ReplyDeleteI love the latte/chocolate milk thing, too. Classic. Again, in a spirit of admitting to my own terrible parenting, I will share here that Peter drank about 2/3 of a cup of coffee a couple weeks ago. I left it on the table when I went to get dressed for church, and when I returned, it was empty. Oops. Surprisingly, he was not noticeably wilder during Mass that day.
I love it!! I think we would really get a long food wise!! We don't give Alana that stuff ether. He ate nothing with sugar until about 15 mo..and now only sparingly!
ReplyDelete