Monday, January 28, 2013

Emerging

After a solid 2+ weeks of the entire household having the plague, I think it’s fair to say we have survived!  Well, the hubs is still under the weather, but at this point he is still functional, so I consider that a victory.  

It all started with me simply losing my voice and then progressed quickly into total misery.  Next came  C being sent home from daycare, a trip to urgent care, a diagnosis of RSV (not something you want when there is a newborn around!), another trip to the doctor to get the first Synagis shot for Syd (this in itself was a miracle) and then the next day Sydney coming down with RSV.  We are 100% sure though, that without the shot the day before, Sydney would have been MUCH worse.  I am also 100% positive that my daughters wish I was like most parents, and believed bulb suctions were useless.  Sorry girls, we will use the dreaded bulb suction as much as we need to until the day you each learn to blow your nose. 

Colbie got better quickly from the RSV, but then a couple of days later this happened:

It was a sad state of affairs around here:

This sort of thing went on for 3+ days:

Finally we decided to take Colbie to the pediatrician and wouldn’t you know, she had two whopping ear infections...yikes!  Oh, and the real icing on the cake is Colbie’s super sensitive gag reflex.  RSV can cause a ton of coughing, and with C’s gag reflex this also meant that these coughing fits turned into frequent episodes of barfing and lots and lots of laundry.  What can I say, we’ve been living the dream.  
Now if I can only continue to remember to give Colbie her antibiotics for another five days it will be a total victory.  

Today all of the girls felt so much better that we took a trip to the Rainbow Play Equipment showroom down the road.  It is pretty much a giant, heated, indoor park, oh and it’s FREE for kids to play here.  

Colbie and Sydney had the whole place to themselves this morning and was in heaven.  Look closely, Sydney is there:

Aunt K.C. had a pretty great time too! 


Here is the play structure I picked out for my parent’s yard in Michigan :) 

And because there aren’t any other pictures of our small fry, I’ll leave you with this:
sigh 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're all feeling better! Have you heard of the Nose Frida? It revolutionized snot sucking at our house!

    ReplyDelete