Saturday, January 11, 2014

Step One: start blogging again and publish C’s stats already!

So it’s been two months since I’ve blogged and I’m feeling 1) like a failure to my tiny blog following and 2) completely overwhelmed with the whole idea of catching up.  I’m only giving the whole “catching up” thing a try because this blog has turned into the girl’s baby books more or less, and I have no other documented record of their sweet sweet milestones anywhere else.

So here we go....

I think I left off shortly after Colbie turned three, but we hadn’t had her well-child check up yet.  Here are her stats:

Height: 39.09” (86%)
Weight: 34 lbs 6 oz (79%)
Body Mass Index: 55% and totally perfect as far as our pediatrician says.

Colbie did great during her check up and was given a clean bill of health with only one exception, her “button”.  Colbie was born with an umbilical hernia, aka a really big “outie”.  85% of umbilical hernias fix themselves by the age of 2, the others...well they are given general surgery consults.  We went to our local Children’s Hospital this past week and met with one of the pediatric general surgeons who recommended doing a surgical repair.  It is an elective surgery and pretty much 100% cosmetic, but after some thought and discussion, we decided to go ahead and get it done now before she was older and potentially more traumatized by the idea of surgery.  So...this upcoming Wednesday we are heading to the hospital so C’s belly button can “live inside her belly instead of outside”.  I’m nervous and scared for her, but also looking forward to getting it done with.

I can’t help but think my nervousness is a little silly though given the pediatric patient population the hubs and I care for.  I don’t even think twice when kids come into the ER where I work with huge medical histories and multiple surgeries.  But...those kids aren’t mine, and nurse or not, I am a mom first, and turns out, I’m a pretty crazy, nervous one of those.

So...if you think of it Wednesday, think of our Little Miss and send up a little prayer for her that she comes through everything ok...and her mama handles everything with minimal hyperventilation :)




1 comment:

  1. You should take a before and after picture of her sweet, outie belly button.

    After carrying three children, I have a permanent outie as well. Not so cute on a grown woman. :)

    We will be thinking of her on Wednesday. Glad you're back on the blogosphere. :)

    ReplyDelete