Jason, D.B.'s brother, came with some friends for a quick visit this weekend during their big summer road trip.
Leroy Brown came too.

And wouldn't you know, Leroy and Molly were instant BFF's! I wasn't surprised though, since they are cousins and all.


The dogs played non-stop, and so did we. After we spent the afternoon in the pool, we took the out-of-towners to The Great Dane, a Madison must. Here, Jason ordered the Great Dane Bacon, Brat, Cheddar, Burger. Yup, you read that right, a full burger, with bacon, and an entire brat served on a pretzel bun.

Did you want to see it up close?

I didn't think so. For the record, I have NEVER even considered doing this to myself.
Saturday morning was spent in true Madison fashion circling the state capitol at the Dane County Farmer's Market. Here we met up with some of the out-of-towner's local friends, and all headed for another Madison institution, Ian's Pizza By the Slice. Why is it a must you ask? Because of this:

Macaroni and Cheese Pizza! And this slice was all mine, and perhaps one of the best slices of pizza I have ever eaten! D.B.'s gyro pizza was delicious too!
Next, and last stop on our Madison Must Tour for out-of-towners was the University of Wisconsin Student Union. Hands down, the best student union ever. Here's the group at the union.

After this the out-of-towners headed out of town. We had a great time with you guys, and hope the rest of your trip is great!
This last picture is for D.B. and Jason's mom.
Those two dogs are the cutest thing EVER!! That burger, eww and hmmmm all in one. I think the pretzel bun is calling my name though. The pizza, not so sure I need pasta on my pizza, I believe you when you say it was good. Did you finish it off with some beer at the union or custard?
ReplyDeleteMac and Cheese pizza!!!! Sounds just as good as Mac and Cheese pancakes I had in Portland....so sad for you and DB about your "loss"......was wondering what was going on...but---as the cliche says: everything happens for a reason....so you will be parents, to the right child, at the right time. :)
ReplyDeleteMMMMmmmmmmmmm....looks like a great picture to put in a nice frame for a Christmas present! Ahhhh...boys and their dogs :) Moms
ReplyDeleteI MUST go to Great Dane!!!!
ReplyDeleteAWWWWW Leroy Brown and Molly are super cute together! We need to get some of that good food to NY bc i wanna try mac and cheese pizza! Yuuummm!
ReplyDeleteYou were so right about The Lovely Bones! I felt like I had to try bc so many people said such great things about it. You were right though...sad and disappointing!