Okay, so after a bad couple of days I've decided that it is what it is, and what it is, is time to move on. I'm not saying that I've cried my last tear over the situation or am at all done being angry, however, I've gotta have faith...right?
I'm glad to report that our profile has been active again for the past couple of weeks, and our social worker has told us they are beginning counseling with a few new birthmothers. Our social worker is still confident that we will be parents soon. We obviously haven't been matched again already, but I'm starting to feel optimistic again, at least a little bit.
We've also had a number of friends and family inquire about our "dear birthparent" letter. We were planning on posting it awhile back, but then we were matched and just figured, why bother. But...now that we are no longer matched, I thought I would let you all read it if you want. We are also going to keep a link to it on the side of the blog just in case you have a friend of a friend who has a neighbor who's daughter has a friend (you get the picture) who is considering adoption as a choice. We are NOT asking you to find us a baby, but stranger things have happened, and like we promised before, we would most certainly give you a shout out!
So here you have it, our "dear birthparent" letter. You might want to have a seat, get a glass of water and not read it on your mobile device...because it's really long. I should also mention that the actual "dear birthparent" letter has lots of pictures throughout, however we had an impossible time trying to upload that into a link that could be published on blogger.
Dear Birthparent Letter Link
Also, here is a link to our adoption agency's pool of waiting adoptive families. There is a blurb about us on here, if you are curious.
Well, I know which couple I would pick!!! Oh and can I just say how the heck can Jeff and Deanna have been married for 14 1/2 years? Did they get married when they were 10? I think Michelle and Lewis are your tightest competition. They like going to water parks, kids like water parks.
ReplyDeleteYour letter was absolutely perfect, I only wish I could have seen the pictures! I loved looking at the other couples too, especially the hot gay guys! Ow-Ow!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteOK, its a really proud day for me. I managed to get a message blocked on my sisters blog. Lamp shade in the basement, thats all I'm saying. Live long and prosper.
ReplyDelete