Saturday, October 20, 2012

Chicago Weekend sans Baby

So, two weeks after Nikki's offer, we were back in the city, and couldn't have been more excited and grateful to the best babysitters ever!  After a quick drop off, which C could have cared less about since Auntie Nikki and Katie are pretty much two of her favorite people ever, the hubs and I headed down to the Magnificent Mile.

First stop, lunch at one of my favorite restaurants from my days of living in the city:

Next, time to do a little shopping!

After evening Mass at the cathedral downtown we headed to another great restaurant:

And then to Ghirardelli's for dessert...yum!:

One might think that two grown up's would choose sensible options when dining out, but the next morning's brunch proved that theory dead wrong!  For brunch at Grand Luxe Cafe, I give you:

Red Velvet Pancakes with cream cheese icing

and fresh Beignets.

If it hadn't been for the side order of sausage, we might as well have been Buddy the Elf.

After our sugar load we did something I've always wanted to do, a Chicago architectural boat tour.


It was a beautiful day and such a great time!!!  I would highly highly recommend doing one of these tours if you are ever in the city.

Once the tour was done, I checked my phone only to find a missed call and a few texts from Nikki, uh-oh.  Turns out Little Miss came down with a stomach bug and sweet Auntie Nikki got barfed on a few times.  Nikki assured us that everything was fine and C had just went down for a nap so we should not rush back.  So...we went shopping some more and the hubs headed to a sports bar to watch as many football games as he could at the same time.  I would feel more guilty about this, but Colbie did sleep the whole time we were gone and Nikki really did insist it was fine.

Once we got back we found a pretty pathetic little girl with stacks of clean laundry as Nikki and Katie had washed all of her soiled clothes for me.  Seriously, I owe them big time!!!

The ride home only involved one rest stop wardrobe change.

By the time we were home Colbie was totally back to normal.

Overall a wonderful weekend getaway for me and the hubs, and a slightly less wonderful one for the best babysitters ever.  Like I said though, I owe them BIG TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment