My parent’s house down in Florida is set back about 50 yards from the intercoastal waterway. This is a canal that was made a long time ago that provided big military ships a safe place to travel on to avoid dangerous stuff out in the Gulf of Mexico. At least I think that was the purpose of this waterway. Anyway, the purpose of the waterway for us is more fun: boating, looking for wildlife and fishing! And as it turns out we have quite the little angler on our hands.
Her first job was netting us some bait. This became a favorite activity of hers.
There were some pesky bumble bee looking bugs (although they weren’t actually bees and didn’t bite/sting) that needed a reminder to leave us alone. C helped Papa with the “buzz buzz’s”
And then it was down to business!
Taking this job very seriously
In addition to some fish, the hubs and I each caught ourselves a sting ray...eek!!!!
I would just like it to be made known that Colbie HATES dirt and yucky things. This includes, spit up, Molly’s hair on the carpet, and FUZZ! That’s right, the girl is petrified of fuzz. If there is the tiniest piece of fuzz in the bath tub (most likely coming off of C herself), the bath is OVER!
But touching a big slimy fish? Sure, why not!
The girl actually about grabbed hold of the fish like it was her job!
Oh and yes, she was fishing in pajamas. I wanted as much of her skin covered as possible because the bugs were starting to come out, and her summer dresses just weren’t gonna cut it. The bugs would also be the reason that Sydney did not appear in any of the fishing pictures.




I think fishing in pjs makes perfect sense!! Too funny about her being scared of fuzz but touching a fish!!! Kids!! Haha
ReplyDelete