Sunday, November 17, 2013

Hot Food and Privacy!

Two weekends ago my dear dear friend Trish got hitched!  As soon as I knew (about a year ago) that there was going to be a wedding, I started planning on heading to the greater Minneapolis area to celebrate...WITHOUT KIDS!!!!  Don’t get me wrong, I love spending time with my children, but do you know what else I love?
  • Eating food while it’s still hot
  • Going to the bathroom or taking a shower without someone knocking on the door
  • Only having to cut my own food 
  • Actually making it to a destination in the time Garmen predicted it taking, not a full 90 minutes more.  
  • Full, uninterrupted conversations with my husband  
  • Having a snack without a little voice saying, “Mama, what are you eating? Can I have some?”
  • Music with swear words
  • Going to nice stores without the looks from the snoody sales associates regarding my children touching stuff. 
  • Staying at the wedding reception until the end because there was no bedtime.
  • Having an extra glass of wine because I’m not responsible for the well being of a little person.  
  • Did I mention I had uninterrupted conversations with the hubs!!?!?!
Seriously, I really really love my babies, but this mama needed a break!  And it wasn’t just mama, when I asked the hubs when the last time just the two of us went away was, his response, “September 22, 2012”.  Yikes, he knew the actual date.  

Now onto our trip, instead of just continuing to sound like a bad mom.  We took off Saturday morning and were there until Monday around noon.

On our way out of town, kid-free!  And...with new short (10 inches shorter) hair!

I had never been to “the cities” before, so we had a blast exploring, but first up, the wedding:



Now onto exploring, which included:

The Mall of America

But more importantly, Nordstrom (there isn’t one in the whole state of Wisconsin)

“the mill area” which was pretty awesome






and then an extra special treat, a bonus quiet dinner with the bride and groom Sunday night!  


And to top the whole trip off, when we got home Monday afternoon, Attie (our nanny, aka Mary Poppins), who had stayed with the girls the whole time we were gone, had a homemade lasagna ready and waiting for us!  I’m not even kidding!  

Here’s to more nights away so we can come home feeling like humans again.  Who knows, maybe even two weekends a year?!?!  

No comments:

Post a Comment