Saturday, October 30, 2010

30 by 30


So the other day was my birthday, and I really made a haul! I would like to thank everyone for their wonderful birthday wishes as well as to those who contributed to this pile:
In other birthday news, I think I ate between 5.5 and 6 cupcakes within 2.5 and 3 days. No joke. Sister needs to be heading to rehab after the past couple of days.
*Sigh* So now that I'm officially 29 (for the first time), I'm not kidding, I really am only 29, I've got a lot to get done over the next year. Ya see, about 7 or so years ago a friend of mine (damn you Jean) said something about making a 30 things before you turn 30 list. Well, we all know I love lists, so I of course thought this was a great idea. Bad news, as of this past Wednesday, my birthday, I have only completed 12 things on the list. You do the math, it's not a good situation. Albeit there are certain things on the list that I've decided are too lame to bother with, but some things I really want to do.

Here's the list, and as I accomplish each thing I have yet to do, I'll post about it. And then, when I come no where even close to completing the list in 362 (wishing right now next year was a leap year) I can officially fail in public...awesome (cringe):

  1. Start Grad School. Okay, so I kind of think this one is lame now since I have no idea what I'd want to go to grad school for. I think I'll skip this one.
  2. Travel to Europe. Would have been done if I didn't end up staying home from Spain. Thanks a lot failed adoption!
  3. Learn to sail. Check
  4. Pet a giraffe. Check
  5. Make creme brule. I'm gonna be needing a torch!
  6. Run a marathon. See next blog entry regarding this.
  7. Do my own taxes. This is totally lame, and I am not going to do it.
  8. Ride in a hot air balloon. I might be too scared.
  9. Fly on a trapeze. This one I REALLY want to do!
  10. Begin spanish class. Probably not lame, but I don't wanna, and you can't make me.
  11. Own a home. Check
  12. Visit New York City. Check
  13. Fall in Love. sighing some more, Check
  14. Watch Passion of the Christ. Check
  15. Surf. Check and will never do it again, it's awful!
  16. Mow the lawn. Yup, you read that correctly, I've never mowed a lawn. I'm not sure, but it might end up being too lame to worry about accomplishing.
  17. Join a church. Check and Check (I've joined two).
  18. Water ski. Check
  19. Have a child. If this happens, the other 17 things left to do might be out the window.
  20. Own a dog. Check
  21. Visit Mexico.
  22. Meet a celebrity. My husband thinks I have already accomplished this, but I'm pretty sure that taking care of professional athlete's children in the ER does not count, even if the athlete is there with them.
  23. Go deep sea fishing.
  24. Floss everyday for a year. I'm all over this one, I started flossing on Tuesday.
  25. Volunteer on a regular basis.
  26. Make Thanksgiving dinner
  27. Get over my fear of public speaking. I'm thinking that this isn't necessary.
  28. Plant a garden
  29. Go white-water rafting. Check
  30. Down hill ski. Check, even though I usually cry once every time that we go.
One last thing, here is the card I received from the husband, nice huh?:

6 comments:

  1. Whoa, I totally missed your birthday so...Happy Birthday!! :) Looks like you had a good one, and I really like what your husband wrote on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that grad school is lame and the public speaking is lame too...but learning spanish and mowing the lawn? Do it! Good luck on your list, I'm sure you can do most of them...except maybe the Spain and Mexico trips, that's kind of if-y.

    Glad you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not add ten items, make it 40 by 40 and then relax until you hit 39?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mowing the lawn is something that I can help you with. It will be the greatest experience of your life. Honestly. Next time you are visiting in the spring/summer, stop by my place and I'll set you up. The only downside to helping you live out this dream is that I'll have to sacrifice all the the joy that mowing the lawn brings me. Oh well, I'm willing to delay my gratification for your sake. Just bring a five dollar bill for fuel. I'll supply the mower and the yard free of charge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next time you are in Seattle, go to the circus school and you can fly on a trapeze.....deep sea fishing = hurl-o-matic....

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWW!!!! Happy Birthday sweetie! I love your list! I have to admit...im totally jealous! I need to make one! Next August I will be 30 so i have a little time...although...i need to step it up and get started! Id love to travel more, plant a garden and floss every day! The hot air balloon scares the heck out of me...but im up there with you on the trapeze! Well not actually on it with you bc im really scared of that too...maybe ill wait to you try it out and let me know how it was! hehe:)

    ReplyDelete