Tuesday, October 26, 2010

That's Sputnik?

If you've ever met the husband, you would know that he is totally 100% normal, with the exception of being freakishly smart and good at anything and everything he tries to do. If you've ever met me, you would know that "normal" is not one of the first words people would use when describing me. Fun maybe, but normal, no.

I also like to remind the husband quite frequently that he knew, before he married me that 1. I cannot throw a ball like anything but a girl. You can try and coach me all you want, but unfortunately, this is how I throw. and 2. I am not "normal".

Here is proof of the above statements:

D.B. standing in front of the Capitol in D.C.
And then this is what happens when D.B. tries to take a picture of me:

Is that a Japanese tourist flashing the peace sign in front of the capitol? Nope, just yours truly posing like a Japanese tourist (D.B. actually thinks I was posing more like a 12-year old girl):
Me pretending to be a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. Props to whoever knows what turtle this was, we couldn't remember.
Me striking Kermit's pose:
So after a while the husband wanted in on the fun too (or was so sick of being nagged about it he gave in) so he tried to hold onto Sputnik
The truth about this shot is that I made him do it, only I had him perfectly positioned pinching the thing above Sputnik, because I may or may not have known what Sputnik looked like despite the sign D.B. is standing next too. I thought the big silver ball (aka Sputnik was just some modern art, oops). When the he looked at the picture and realized that I was in fact an idiot, I made him retake it. Only I had to hurry up because his face looks happier about the situation than he actually was. He's a good sport.

***please do not think I'm a hater for the Japanese tourist thing. I spent three summers of my life flashing the peace sign with different exchange students and when I was actually staying in Japan. The peace sign in all photos is just how it is**

4 comments:

  1. ohh hillary - these pictures make me miss you! too much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The orange TMNT is Michelangelo. And just in case you are in the same position with another TMNT of a different color...blue is Leonardo, red is Raphael, and purple is Donatello. :) What can I say--I watched a lot of TMNT with my brother growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! I get the Japanese tourist reference. And I was going to fill you in on the TMNT name but Jamie already got it. Were you NOT paying attention to Drew and Lance all those years? :)

    ReplyDelete