Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner: Three Month



Every month, when the 9th rolls around I am amazed at how the time is flying by. I just can't believe that we have a baby at all, let alone a 3-month-old. Sometime when I'm rocking Colbie I just look down at her and think to myself, "little girl, you have no idea how big my love is for you, and how you filled such a void in our lives." During our travels last week, for the first time ever, I wasn't on the verge of a panic attack while flying. I think it's because I am now, truly truly content in life. I honestly have nothing more personally that I need in order to feel fulfilled.

This little miss has brought more joy into my life than I ever knew could exist.

But here's what's been up with her lately:

She loves morning time, bath time, play mat time, and standing.
She loves smiling at anyone that is near by, and if we make a sad face at her, she will get an even bigger smile on her face trying to get us to smile back.
She enjoys sitting in her bumbo and watching us or grabbing at toys, and has recently begun to grasp things and hold on.
She's drinking anywhere from 20-24 ounces per day and despite still being on the wee side, she seems so big to us!
She enjoys wearing really cute outfits when we go out but when we are staying in for the day she mostly chooses a onesie and a pair of baby legs thus looking like an 80's aerobics instructor. I'm not joking, these are all her preferences.
Oh, and lately, this is the ONLY way she will nap during the day, luckily she is still sleeping pretty much all night in her crib.
Needless to say, I have not been getting as much done during the day.

8 comments:

  1. that is the best napping place though!
    She's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all those beautiful smiles!! I'm also glad she's keeping with tradition and leaving her pants off for the monthly picture:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are soooo happy for you, Sis, and your beautiful family. Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy!!! We love that little peanut, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post made me smile:) I am SOOO happy for you and D.B. she is simply Adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I got my way I would always nap on a woman's chest as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Happy 3-month to Little Miss. She's so stinkin' adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 3 months sweetie! You are getting sooo big!
    p.s. love the leg warmers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute little Boo Hillary......love the posts and pics.....that snow is...well...really alot of it! If it was in our mountains, I'd be a happy camper! kk :)

    ReplyDelete