Friday, February 25, 2011

20 Minutes


I made this entire dinner tonight in the time it took D.B. to give C. her bottle and rock her to sleep, less than 20 minutes. It is so yummy and so so delicious. I highly recommend whipping this up sooner rather than later.

I give you Roasted Garlic & Olive Oil Couscous, mixed greens with yellow pepper, and Maple-Glazed Salmon.
Directions:
For the couscous, go to your nearest grocery store and pick up a box of Near East Couscous. Follow directions located on the back of the box. Start to finish this takes about ten minutes (boiling water time included).

For the salad, I'm not going to bother insulting your intelligence here.

The recipe that inspired this post, the Maple-Glazed Salmon:
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp salt (I actually do a little less)

place the above five ingredients in a zip lock bag and shake. Congratulations you have just completed the rub for the salmon.

Next spray a broiler pan with cooking spray and place 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets on it. Rub with rub. Broil for 6-8 minutes on high, or until salmon is done to your liking. Brush fillets with 1/2 TBS each of maple syrup. Broil on high for another 1-2 minutes.

Yum

Note~this recipe is super easy to cut in half for two people to enjoy, and this dinner is less than 500 calories total. Score!

4 comments:

  1. I've never had couscous! But the salad and salmon we do a lot! The maple glaze is something I'll try for sure! Alana is now a salmon fan too so I love finding more ways to cook it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made this tonight! Delish!
    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Salmon, but never buy it! Maybe I should? I know nothing about this "C" word you're talking about though!

    ReplyDelete