Last Wednesday morning we woke up and our house was about 50 degrees...inside. Our furnace had quit working, which is not exactly ideal when there is a two-month-old living at your house. Even better news, the furnace repair people weren't working on Wednesday due to the bad roads, fan-frickin-tastic. Luckily the hubs is good at reading directions and deciphering codes, which led him to figure out that our furnace shut off because the pipes were completely blocked by drifting snow. Had the furnace not automatically shut off because of this, we would have had carbon monoxide coming into the house, SCARY! Anyway, the hubs saved the day and we warmed up and unlayered shortly after breakfast.
That was the last time I saw the husband for about five hours, because he was doing this:
and yes, that five foot drift is actually part of the driveway that had to be plowed
That gate behind him is about 4.5 feet tall and snow was drifted all of the way to the top of it
Here is a shot of the snow drifts in our screened in porch.
After he cleared out our driveway enough to get the car out, we decided that we needed to peace out of Snowmageddon so we headed for the airport. By midnight that night we were in not so warm, but a whole lot warmer than Wisconsin, Arizona.
The trip was already planned, and there will be more on that in post(s) to follow.
Holy Mother of Pearl! At least I don't have to snow blow my way out of this gray miserable dreary weather to leave the house. I just have to give myself a pep talk and a vit D supplement to survive.
ReplyDeleteGosh! Being from Louisiana I cant' even imagine that much snow!
ReplyDeleteWow, I'll try not to whine for the next 5 years! Dad wouldn't even look at these pictures saying he knew all about it. Our neighborhood up North had to be literally "dug-out" with the bobcat. Spring will never feel or look so sweet! Stay warm and safe. xoxox
ReplyDeleteLuckily our house comes equipped with automated snow removers or as I like to call them Noah and Rhianna.
ReplyDeleteThe snow is so gross. Spring cannot come soon enough! Because you said you would take Colbie for a run in the jogger when it hit 30 degrees, I've been watching and waiting everyday for 30 to come...still nothing!
ReplyDeleteI'll try not to complain...........too much;)
ReplyDeletePleaase pllllleaaase go away snow! I need to see some colors!!
ReplyDelete