Wednesday, August 31, 2011

And the streak continues

The hubs was bummed when he didn't get to water ski a single time this summer. So bummed, that we talked to some friends and decided on renting a boat for an afternoon in order to pull the boys behind it. Then...these friends found out that one of their friends owns a boat, score! So...this past Sunday we packed up and headed north to Lake Wisconsin for a great day on the water!

Kris holding the uncomfortable babies in matching life jackets. Safety first girls, safety first.

Here comes D.B.!

Coasting in after ride number 1

Next up it was Tom's turn

and he's up!

And there's me
This is the closest picture you get because I don't have a wet suit on to hold in the pasty white jiggle that is my thighs...and maybe my butt too. It is important to note though that I never once wiped out, quite the accomplishment if I do say so myself.

After we pulled each other around for awhile we all hopped on board and took off down the lake/river (it's both) for a great ride and a stop on a quiet sand bar.

Trying to convince Colbie that sand is not a bad thing.

I think the convincing is going to take awhile.

This is my friend Kris, and her daughter Keira who is exactly a month younger than Colbie.

Back at the cabin we made dinner and let the girls do their thing. I'm pretty sure they are going to be great friends!!!
Then...after dinner we hopped back on the boat and cruised across the lake to get some ice cream! I'm pretty sure I could incorporate a boat ride for ice cream into my daily routine rather easily.

Thanks Dave (the owner of the boat and house), Tom, Kris, and Keira for a great day! We had a blast.

And...the husband didn't ruin his streak of summers in a row waterskiing!

No comments:

Post a Comment