Friday, August 12, 2011

Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner: Nine Month

So this past Tuesday marked Colbie's nine-month birthday. It was the first time I looked at the pictures I took of her next to the bunny in the rocking chair and thought to myself, "HOLY CRAP! Where has my baby gone". I felt like I was staring at pictures of someone closer to being a toddler than a baby.

I'm totally serious, where did my baby go?!?!

We won't have updates on her height and weight until this upcoming Monday, but I will be sure to post them then. I can tell you this though, she is tall! We haven't had an official size check since six months so I'm anxious to see how much she has grown. Sitting her on my bathroom scale is probably not the most accurate.

These days Colbie likes to talk a lot and I'm pretty sure I caught her singing to herself while dancing this morning. Her vocabulary consists of dada, baba, gaga, and mama (said in a deep man-baby voice). She also has started making the mmmm noise whenever she see's the dog, Molly.

C. is a big fan of standing, walking while holding onto our fingers, rolling around, clapping and waving. She has yet to be mobile on her own, and for this I am very thankful.

Two bottom teeth are all of the way in and both of her top teeth have broken through. She has become all about chewing with her new chompers too, and very much prefers feeding herself finger food over eating purees. Sister is a total meat and cheese sort of girl.

Little Miss pretty much remains the world's easiest baby. I'm not kidding. With the exception of a few rough nights on vacation, she sleeps a full 12+ hours at night and generally has a couple of 90+ minute naps per day. Just this afternoon we hosted play group and it took me 30 seconds to put Colbie down for a nap. Upon returning from laying her down my friend just stared and me and said something to the extent of, "Colbie would lay down that easily" (with a snarky my baby wont fall asleep anywhere tone). She of course was kidding...but bitter:).

In general, C. is just super happy, and we are super blessed.
I know that it doesn't matter one way or another, but the nine month mark was a big deal to me because it did make me think that I've now officially gotten to be Colbie's mommy as long has her birthmom got to be with her.

Stay tuned to more blogs to come as I will post pictures from our Seattle/Chelan vacation soon! Oh, and happy 200th blog post!

2 comments:

  1. Such. Beautiful girl! Time flies so fast! Alana is already oVEr a year! Ahh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 months! SLOW DOWN TIME!!!

    She's looking cute as ever!

    ReplyDelete