Once again, Colbie won the prize for best baby on a flight. And it was a four hour flight!
Upon arriving we were greeted by the hub's mom, and promptly left Little Miss with her to head to Target to stock up on supplies. Afterward the four of us grabbed dinner and did some playing in the fountains.

The next morning we headed out to breakfast to meet Marisa, one of D.B.'s high school friends.
From there C. and I headed up to meet a bunch of my friends from Seattle Children's ED. We had such a great time eating Trophy cupcakes, drinking coffee, gossiping and oohing and aahhing over each other's children. It was SO nice to see everyone that I actually forgot to take my camera out of my diaper bag to capture the moments (and the cupcakes).
That afternoon was spent strolling around U-Village, my favorite outdoor mall in the city. Colbie and I got to spend some wonderful time with my dear friend Sarah as well as stop by and pick up some Fran's salted caramels. YES PLEASE!!! Hubs got to spend the afternoon at the baseball game with his dad where they both got way too much sun and the Mariners won (gasp!).
Dinner was spent with more dear friends, Adam and Andrea (as well as her parents) where we feasted on an amazing spread including fresh salmon right off the grill. On the way home we pick up a pint of salted caramel (are you sensing a trend?) ice cream from Molly Moon's (our dog's name sake) to save for later...and it was amazing.
The next morning it was off to Lake Chelan, which is more than deserving of it's own post, so you'll have to stay tuned for that.
It was so great being back in the city where D.B. and I spent our first couple of married years. It was here that we got married, had some great adventures, and first began the long road to becoming parents. As I was driving north on I-5 toward the city I saw the water, the mountains, the space needle, the houseboats, and finally the green steeple to our old church, and to be totally honest it was a struggle to keep myself from being a blubbering idiot. I thought about Colbie in the back seat asleep, and how I had dreamed of bringing my children back to Seattle and showing them around while telling them about three of the best years of our lives. I'm so excited that this is a place we will always return and that our children will have such a cool place to visit on vacation!
***sorry for the lack of pictures, I was too busy doing everything else to even think about digging out my camera from the bottom of my bag.
No comments:
Post a Comment