So, the hubs told me the last blog post was way to sad. Sorry about that.
Let me clear things up a little bit. I could not be any happier! Every single day I get to watch a little person experience the world, take it all in, and learn new things. I love every day and try hard to celebrate each day with thankfulness. With the aching my heart feels for Colbie's birthmom's loss, I also feel an overwhelming love and appreciation for her. A love that has been given to me when it didn't have to be. I am eternally grateful.
As for my Mother's Day 2012 celebration, the hubs and Colbie did a great job!!!! We had a wonderful brunch on Saturday, followed by some JCrew shopping :), and a relaxing evening. Sunday we witnessed our friend's daughter be Baptized at Mass, went out for coffee and pastries, went for a run in the beautiful weather, and then we ordered in fancy burgers and watched a chick flick! D.B. and Colbie also got me a couple of cookbooks I've been wanting and some fancy baking mixes from William Sonoma! The hubs sure is teaching Colbie well :)
Now you didn't think I would forget to thank Little C's "Gaga" (formerly known as Grandma Sanders) and "GG" did you?!? A little blog thank you to the world's best moms and grandmas that our little family could ask for. Thank you for loving us, supporting us, and buying Colbie cute things :). We love you, and now that we are parents ourselves, appreciate you more than ever before!
No way! I loved that post. It wasn't too sad. It was real, and that's what we like here in bloggerland. You can always email me stuff like that if he's going to give you a hard time ;)
ReplyDeleteMoms are the best!! Happy Mother's Day, Hillary!
Wow, that was truly touching . . brought tears to my eyes. I love you all, too; and am so proud of the wonderful parenting you and DB are doing. It's such a priviledge to experience motherhood and oh how I enjoy now being a grandmother! I hope your "journey" continues to bless and delight you as it has me. xoxox GG
ReplyDelete