What's that you say? A decorating contest?!?!
WE ARE IN!!!!!!!
I mean, you didn't forget about last year already, did you?
So...with less than 24 hours to prepare, we came up with the Ellis Island theme, we met up half way across town to buy supplies, I went to work at the hospital, Jen went to work constructing the island, and we (ok, really it was Jen) created a masterpiece.
And they were the overall winners for most original ride! Check out that trophy!
And gave them victory high fives of course!
Victory lap, victory wave!
After the competition we all sat down in the shade to watch the parade.
And try popsicles for the first time!
And get very very tired from all of the excitement
Once we got home, it was time to cool off and check out the trophy. Yah know, make sure it was official.
And then I baked the hubs a blackberry pie with a star on it:







The stars and stripes bloomers put that outfit right over the edge! Or maybe the torch does, but the bloomers are still the icing on the cake :). Love it!
ReplyDelete