Thursday, August 29, 2013

Baby Motor Heads

My dad has been racing cars for 40+ years, owning, building, fixing, and especially racing these cars is his passion.  He also LOVES being a Papa!  This weekend, for the first time in 20 years, I had a chance to watch my dad race again.  It was so fun to be back at the track and being able to show the hubs and my girls a small piece of my childhood.  It was even more fun to watch my dad (aka Pop aka Papa) be surrounded by his favorite things: Racecars + Grandkids = Papa’s in heaven!

C loves sitting in Pop’s (what C has shortened Papa to) fast car!

Sakers and 2.5 year olds, more adrenaline than you can handle!

The hubs and girls in front of the Saker RapX, enjoying their first day at the track.

Getting ready to watch some racecars!!

Papa and Syd, who turned out to be the biggest motor head of them all.

Papa and GG loving the moment

Seriously, this girl LOVED everything about the cars and being at the track.  I think Papa might end up having to strap this girl in to one of his cars someday.

I can’t help but wonder if Colbie is starting to make her first memories, and maybe she will remember the smell and sounds of the track, just like I do from when I was about her age.

Pop and his girl:

This picture just makes me laugh.  When I was little, race weekends certainly did not mean relaxing in a lounge chair with my feet up, in the shade, while watching a movie.  It was more like a blanket tossed in the grass with a couple of toys and the instructions to not get off of the blanket.   Oh to be a grand daughter of my parents :).

You better believe that Colbie loved helping Papa clean the car!

The newest car, the Saker RapX

Papa suited up, lined up and ready to race!

And the girls were ready to watch!




Living the dream Syd, living the dream.


And what I imagine my dad never thought his race trailer would look like :)

My dad took a 1st in his class during his race, and Colbie, who had her checkered flag ready for him, was out cold in the stroller for the victory.  She made it the whole day, and just couldn’t keep awake another second.  When she woke up, the first thing she asked was, “when is Papa gonna race?”  Sorry baby, maybe next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment