Monday, January 31, 2011

Back to the Grind


This past weekend I worked my first two shifts since the arrival of Little Miss. I had some anxiety before hand, but it wasn't too bad since Colbie was going to be with her dad and not at a daycare. I only called home once or twice each day, but both days I ended up getting a serious laugh.

Day One D.B. ended up with a "down the leg blow-out" and had to figure out where the extra changing table covers are, how to soak dirty clothes, etc. He did a great job, and now he has no excuses for changing nasty diaps in the future.

Day Two D.B. ran outside to get the dog because she was barking at everyone walking by the house on the way to church. He got her attention and then went to go back inside only to realize that he had been locked out! The husband mentioned that a lot of "f-bombs" may have been dropped. Language like this would not have been too out of the ordinary for me, but for him, WOW! He ended up getting himself back inside through the slider from the back. Colbie was fine.

He also text me this picture while I was at work, and it made me laugh. And also makes me glad that I am the one who dresses her the majority of the time :)
After my shift yesterday my good friend Carrie picked me up with Starbucks in tow and we went and got pedicures! It was a fantastic end to the day and I was still home in time to spend some awake hours with Colbie and tuck her in to bed.

I'm not sure when I will schedule my next shift(s) for, but I won't be nearly as anxious doing so. D.B. and Colbie are a great team!

3 comments:

  1. She was in good hands...at least while those hands were locked out of the house. Ha!

    You'll be glad that you have a documentation of all of these events. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, DB! You are such a fantastic father and son-in-law. Sis and Colbie are two lucky girls!! GG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I'm loving it a tiny bit that D.B. got locked out:) I can't even imagine him dropping an F-bomb! That picture is too cute!

    ReplyDelete