Sunday, October 30, 2011

Best.Fail.Ever


Remember last year when I wrote this post? Here I had this super ambitious list of 30 things I wanted to do before I turned 30. I had completed about 12 of them or so with 18 left for the last year of my 20's.

Well folks, I failed...big time!!!
I turned 30 on the 27th.

I was able to check two things off the list this year:

#24 Floss Every Day for a Year, and I'm still going strong! You may think this was an easy one, but let me tell you, there were some nights early on that I was so tired that the very thought of taking one extra minute to floss brought tears to my eyes. But don't you worry, I persevered.

and maybe I would have gotten to check off more on my list, but at least I got to check off #19 in addition to #24.

#19 Have a Child. And frankly I would be happy if I never completed my list now, because this little #19 in my life has filled me up with every sense of wonder, adventure, accomplishment, and love that I could ever dream of. As for accomplishing my list by my 30th year, Best.Fail.Ever.
And speaking of Colbie (honestly though, when am I not?), the 27th also marked another very important date, and in my opinion more important than my 30th birthday, day. It was the one year anniversary of us being matched with Colbie's birthmom!!! Seriously, best birthday present ever!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Truly, very little matters after #19 :). Congrats on the big 3-0. It's a pretty fun age, no matter what anyone says.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed that children make everything else seem insignificant...and you have plenty of time to work on the rest of your list. :) Enjoy these days!!!

    ReplyDelete