Michigan!
A week after we returned from Boston, Colbie and I took the ferry over to Michigan for a few days. We wanted to take advantage of the easy boat ride one last time before it closed for the season. We also wanted to get over to Michigan to celebrate all of the birthdays!!! My mom, myself, and Colbie were all born within three weeks (and many years) of each other!
The ferry trip was uneventful with the exception of Colbie fighting a nap

Until five minutes before we docked

During our trip we spent a lot of time visiting with family and friends, and Colbie did a lot of climbing these two stairs. She thought she was pretty hot stuff!!

We let Colbie pick out her own birthday celebration attire too. Daddy vetoed this one when I sent him the picture. I can't say I blame him.

Enough with the small pictures already, they are super annoying and I apologize! Here are shots taken with my real (non-phone) camera.
Taking a rest after helping GG fold laundry.
Playing in her kitchen drawer at Papa and GG's house:

And now onto the party!!! Although her birthday isn't until the 9th, we celebrated early with some cake and presents. Everything was going great..
Until I blew out the candle...
We are thinking she was really ticked because either 1) all she wanted for her birthday was fire, or 2) I didn't give her enough time to think of a good wish before blowing out the flame. Regardless, sister was NOT happy!
Until we fed her cake, and she totally forgave us.
Except it was ice cream cake, and therefore really cold!
Despite the look on her face, she loved it and ate the whole tiny piece we gave her.
Like usual we had a great time visiting everyone and look forward to our next trip to Michigan over the holidays!
What a sweetie!! Happy Birthday, Colbie!
ReplyDeleteI literally laughed out loud about the candle getting blown out! What a GORGEOUS blessing you have, I am still just SO happy and excited for ya'll! Colbie just doesn't realize just how blessed she is:)
ReplyDeleteLove the cake pictures. Anticipating a few more in the upcoming days! :)
ReplyDelete