August of 2005 the hubs and I took our first "trip" together. We had been dating only about six weeks but thought it would be fun to attempt a camping trip. Keep in mind we both lived in downtown Chicago at the time. I borrowed my roommates car (thanks again Nikki), somehow found some camping gear, and booked reservations at a camp ground up in Wisconsin. Never in a million billion years did we think that we would end up living just 45 minutes away from the very spot where we first started talking about our future together.
This is actually the very first picture we ever had taken together

What a difference six years can make!

What a difference some advancements in cameras can make too!
Devil's Lake State Park is a beautiful place to hike, but more importantly, it will always be the perfect place for us to go back to and gauge how far we've come in life together.
I absolutely love this post! It brought a little tear to my eye. :)
ReplyDelete